In honor of National Senior Health & Wellness Day being celebrated this Wednesday, May 26th, we wanted to share with you the benefits of physical therapy for Senior patients. Seniors benefit in numerous ways from physical activity and physical therapy including:
- Improve balance, gait and endurance to reduce fall risk
- Maintain strength, healthy joints and muscles
- Increase joint mobility
- Help reduce or control blood pressure
- Reduce the risk of diabetes and other chronic diseases
- Ease symptoms of stress and anxiety
- Reduce and prevent arthritis joint swelling and pain
- Increase the ability to live independently
Most importantly, physical therapy can help Seniors strengthen weak muscles and increase mobility. It can also improve endurance, so that the patient can enjoy physical hobbies like gardening or golf for longer periods of time.
Overall, physical therapy can give Seniors back their independence and make daily tasks easier. Working with the staff at Elite will not only reduce pain, but it will also help improve overall strength and ability and reduce the risk for falls or injuries, helping patients maintain a higher quality of life.
What we do at Elite… Evaluate each patient individually to find which symptoms are affecting their ability to maintain the best quality of life. Our physical therapists then formulate a plan of care made up of manual therapy and exercises.
- Medical history
- Medication review
- Clinical observation
- Berg balance scale
- Complete Physical Therapy Treatment
Know of a senior in your life that could use physical therapy? Have them visit us at one of our two convenient Chester County locations in West Chester and Coatesville! We’ll get them active and help those pesky aches and pains!